Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Making Things Happen Recap

Alright you guys. It's been a week since I attended Making Things Happen in Chigaco. I purposely waited a little while to share this with you all because I wanted it to "soak in". Going into this workshop I basically had no idea what to expect. I didn't know one single person. I left two hours early from a friend's house where I was staying because I was so nervous about traffic. I hardly ate breakfast. I waited in a hotel lobby for 45 minutes. Then, I introduced myself to a couple other girls. Thankfully, they were really nice. As in- thank you for calming my nerves even though I don't even know you- type nice. I didn't know what was going to happen in that room, but I knew that I wasn't going to leave the same. For one thing, I didn't think I'd be diving headfirst for the tissue box within the first hour. And those tears were important. They made me realize that what was happening, what I was feeling was real and tangible.

All of the fears I have surrounding my personal and professional life are real. They live in my head and hold me back from truly living my ideal day and my perfect life. It was through the hard work we did that day that I was able to gain clarity into what all of these thoughts and anxieties meant in my life. I remember one day about 3 weeks ago sitting on my living room floor. I thought to myself, "Things are pretty good. I take life one day at a time." I though that really loud and clear! But then there was this voice in the back of my head... "if something truly catostrophic happened, what would I DO? How could I make decisions and keep living life?" This really scared me.

Since MTH, I've have very little time to really sit down and reflect. I have all this newfound clarity about my fears, distractions, and most importantly, what fires me up. I need to make time do hash it out. Like Lara said, the real work will come when you walk out the door. I know what she meant. In six months I hope I know even deeper. In one year I hope I'm still learning and improving.


image via Shay's post, here! too perfect not to add. :)





































No comments:

Post a Comment