Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Goals

I meant to put these up yesterday, but it was a holiday so I guess I'll forgive myself. In an effort to achieve my "dream year" that I wrote about here, I will be setting smaller, more manageable monthly goals to keep myself on track. Will you keep me accountable?
  1. Input spending into my new iPad app, Budget Book, & have our first monthly budget meeting.
  2. Use my simplified planner daily, or at least bring it with me and keep it open.
  3. Practice yoga regularly, and make it to the pool at least 3 times.
  4. Finish our "Throw out 100 things" challenge.
  5. Keep up with regular posting on the blog.
  6. Learn how to blow dry my hair like a professional.
  7. Cook more meals at home, more vegetables!
Most of these goals are in place to set a habit for the year. Our new budgeting system is looking really great, I can't wait to see how the program will serve us and our larger intention of becoming debt-free, purchasing a house and just being comfortable with our money. Using my simplified planner won't be difficult, because I love it, but I need to remember to use it daily in order for it to work. I plan to write everything in our schedule that we already input into our Calendar app down so I have it in two places.
 
via
Health wise, I want to be sure I'm making the most out of my first pregnancy. I downloaded several pre-natal yoga video podcasts on my iPad and am hoping to practice more often now that my energy is up. Also, I have a maternity swimsuit now, so there's no excuse not to get my cardio! :) I also want to cook a lot more at home. We've gotten pretty lazy about it for the past few months and I need to get my routine back. Meal planning, anyone? Bring on the smoothies!
 
I want to finish the challenge inspired by Jess Lively. We set it up so that we each need to find 100 things to get rid of. Either sell, donate or recycle/ throw away. It's been really good for us to simplify a little bit more to get ready for the nursery to be set up. I'm really excited about this!
 
Lastly, I want to keep posting on the blog. Even though I have literally 0 readers, including my husband- it's been great to write and figure out where I want to head with the blog. We'll see where it takes us! (and by us I mean me.) Oh, and the blow-drying thing is just a little vain, but it makes me feel good so I'm going to give it a go. That round brush seems so foreign! Any tips are welcome. :)
 
To a great month ahead!
 
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. You can do it, Rachel! You're going to be such a remarkable mother. I wish you all of the best with the rest of your first pregnancy :) Hooray for a healthy happy baby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Rhi! The first comment on my blog. You're so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachellll! <3 I am so happy I got the chance to meet you and sit by you at MTH! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! These goals look awesome! You can do it! :) I can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy!!!! Sending big hugs your way! Let's make this year count! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shay! You're words just brighten my day. Thank you! I certainly hope I can do it, I didn't set the bar too high this month. It's great to write them in a public space so I have some accountability. :)

    ReplyDelete