Monday, March 4, 2013

March Goals

It's March! Hello, March! I mentioned on Instagram on Saturday that this is usually my least favorite month of the year. I'm not in school (no spring break), the weather is awful and there's usually not much going on except the anticipation of spring. However I've been loving March so far! The past four days have been productive and exciting. I've started my third trimester (woah!), really nailed down some things in my business plan and have had a couple exciting opportunities thrown my way. I also had my first day at the flower shop.
 
via
Looking back at February, I did so-so on my actually goal list. Midway through the month I wrote this post here. I've been trying to hard to focus and re-focus on grace not perfection. It takes a lot of effort.

  1. Take photos! Even though I didn't use my camera, I did get on Instagram some! Counting it.
  2. Host my 3rd Annual Valentine's Day Brunch Opted out this year. Read the post here.
  3. Apply for my new Driver's License Okay, this is BAD. I have a date with the DMV on Wednesday...
  4. Have a real date night with Isaiah We went to Siren Hall for Valentine's Day and it was perfect.
  5. Clean out my office Not finished yet, but we made some serious progress!!!
  6. Send letters to my BFF's Not real letters, but I did make some phone calls. Letters this month!
  7. Go to the gym (even once) Didn't happen. I actually even put my membership on hold for 3 months. It's one less thing to worry about!
  8. Check off 3 things on the baby list. Did it! I'll be posting an update on this soon.
In February a huge prayer was answered in the form of my dream job. As of June 1st, I will be a full time mama and full time wedding & floral designer. The way that these things were woven together is nothing short of a miracle. I wish I could explain in words the weight that was lifted, and the anticipation that follows. This is a dream I've been working towards for a long time and I couldn't be more thankful. If you missed those posts, check them here and here. :)

Okay, so March goals!
  1. Finish outlining business plan & client experience
  2. Finish logo & collateral design! (!!!)
  3. File paperwork (LLC, bank stuff, Maternity leave, etc)
  4. Check 3 more things off the baby list.
  5. Read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People for the book club!
  6. Re-organize our pantry
  7. Finish designing website structure & wording
  8. Contact vendors for my brand inspiration shoot!

This month is going to be all about preparation. Truly I think it's perfect considering that Easter is just around the corner. This season has the ability to be beautiful, which I'm now realizing. Instead of putting my head down to the do hard work, I'm going to forge ahead with my chin held high in confidence, ready to take on the days ahead and soak up the beauty in that.
 
What are your March goals? I would love to hear and cheer you on!
 
xoxo
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment